Sunday, October 3, 2010

Day 3 of 100

Well this morning I made it to the gym for the boot camp class.  If you suddenly see a bunch of funny letters in this post, it means that I've collapsed onto my keyboard.  *whew*   It was a tough class!  My already sore quads (love the lingo?) were aching so badly and I actually gave out a sort of war cry in the gym bathroom when trying to get off the toilet.  I wanted to yell out to the gals in there that I wasn't going number 2 (I swear I wasn't!!), but how do you do that gracefully?  Anyhow, back to the class itself.  It was an hour of stepping, weights, knee-upping intenseness.  It's sad that I considered the core workout segment 'the cool down'.  The girl next to me had to leave the room and got sick.  I've seen this on "The Biggest Loser" before, but never in real life.   I was a complete huffing and puffing ball of sweat by the end of it, but I completed the whole class and never stopped!  Okay, I slowed down in a couple of parts, and I almost fell off the step riser once, but I never stopped!  I decided that I needed to do another 1/2 hour on the bike after the class because tomorrow I have my tax course right after work so no workout tomorrow (I would do a jig of joy, but I think we all know how that would turn out).    Oh, and then I got the bright idea to walk to the grocery store and get groceries.  It's not that far - about 6 blocks.  Downhill on the way there, a little uphill on the way back, and there's the added bonus of stepping over tree roots.   If anyone finds a jug of milk sitting on a tree root, it's mine.

So, for the rest of the night, I'm going to relax with my glass of wine and watch "Desperate Housewives".  Then I'll get hubby to push me up the stairs to bed.  And maybe go out and find the milk.

3 comments:

  1. ROFL! You have a wonderful way of describing things. I envy you (even though I'm not supposed to:).

    Way to NOT let the soreness stop you. The day off tomorrow will probably make a nice recovery for those poor muscles. Great job on the class. Go Hottie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you are really burning up those calories! How great that even though hard, you pushed yourself in the class and never stopped! You were a literal Hottie in that class, LOL!

    Loretta
    =^..^=

    ReplyDelete