Monday, October 11, 2010

Thanksgiving

Well, I've been offline for a little while because I was out of town with my sons for Thanksgiving.  This time, though, I left with a plan!

First, I wanted to get a ahead of my reading in my tax course and complete an important assignment that's due on the 18th. 

Second, I wanted to keep my food as healthy as I could, keeping in mind that a lot of meals would be restaurant food.

Third, I wanted to exercise for at least 30 minutes every day.

I finished my reading and completed the required assignment, plus one more!  Believe me, the mall was calling me, but I resisted....

I ate grapes, strawberries, raspberries, cantaloupe, honeydew, bananas and so many good and yummy (healthy) things!  I did also have a piece of pumpkin pie, but I did an extra 30 minutes on the bike beforehand to 'budget" for it.

I went to an affiliate gym (from the one I joined at home) Thursday, Friday and Saturday.  Then I went to the fitness centre in the hotel yesterday.  Yep, swallowed my pride and did it!  (okay, I dragged my oldest son down with me for support lol).

All in all, I'm counting this weekend a success!  I did have a couple of ugly moments (one when the hotel manager said that he didn't want to stand between me and the dessert table) but overall I feel stronger, both mentally and physically. 

I missed the Friday weigh-in, but this afternoon I was at 264.5.  So close to the 50s!!!  In two weeks I should be there.  Correction - in two weeks I WILL be there!

No comments:

Post a Comment