Friday, October 1, 2010

First blog!

I belong to an online group for people who have over 200 pounds to lose. A friend of mine from that group, Loretta, invited us to join a hot-100 challenge. A challenge for the last 100 days of 2010. She belongs to the blogging world and I (until today!) do not. I was just going to tie up Loretta's blog with my goals and progress, but another friend of ours went out of her comfort zone to set up a blog and so I did too! Actually, somebody set up this blog for me about a year ago, but I never created a post. Time to put it to use LOL.

My goals for the end of 2010 are:

1) To complete my tax-preparer course with a stellar mark. I know this technically has nothing to do with weight, but I'm changing my mindset and lifestyle. I have a bad habit of starting courses and then not finishing them. I don't even have a high school diploma. My intentions are always good (in the beginning) but then I lose interest and quit. It's time to finish what I start!

2) To be under 245 pounds. Right now I'm at 267 so this should definitely be attainable. But not so comfortably that I can coast there. I'm not a fast weight-loser and I really have to work at it. I know some can lose 22 pounds in one month, but I can't and I don't want to set myself up for failure.

3) To visit the gym 42 times between now and December 31, 2010. I was going to break this down further into so many classes, bike hours, treadmill hours etc, but once I'm at the gym I love it and have no problem spending a couple of hours there. It's getting there that can sometimes be tricky. That old "time" excuse!

Thanks Loretta for this bright idea!

4 comments:

  1. Welcome to the Blogosphere-Interswebs, Stef! How fun.

    I like that you have a goal that is not technically weight related. It is LIFE related. And I am finally learning it's all tied up together. So that's a good goal.

    I just figured out today that I have to lose about 1/3 of a pound a day, on average, to make my end-of-year goal of getting out of the 300's. Like you said, I'll have to work at it and not coast!

    We can do this!
    Loretta
    =^..^=

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stef: You and Millie have me psyched to make a blog now! This is so cool! I totally believe writing is one of the best personal way of being accountable.

    Our journey's end will be one to celebrate ...for the rest of our lives...for this journey has no ending...which is the best part about it. The wonderful-ness will never be over!!! Isn't that a GREAT thought?! It's not like one of those parties in your mouth that when it's over, ya just get full of regret! It's not like one of those nights of beer and laughter that ya wake up with a hangover and moss of memory in the morning. It's not like one of those birthday parties that ya say, it was great but now I'm just "older" and have one less year to live. NOW it shall be ... I have no regrets, I'm happy I joined this party. I still got a smile on my face and my head is clear...I can hear bells a ringing! It's~ my~ birthday~, it's~ my~ birthday~, (I can just hear ya singing)and I, my friends, have added YEARS to my life. "I am loving life!" And that, Stef, is why the wonderful-ness will never be over! I love you...Delight

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loretta and Delight, you are both so wonderful and I love you both!! One day I'm going to plan a trip to the States! In fact, I could make that another goal. I'm going to the States to visit "y'all" when I get to Onederland!!! There, now that I've written it, I'm committed to it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. YES!!!!!!! Guess what??!!

    My "Kentucky Stef" is now in the challenge with my "Canadian Stef!" Hope you two get to meet each other! :)

    You have some great goals. Oh! This is so exciting!!! Thanks to you and Loretta for getting my substantial behind in line! :)

    Millie

    ReplyDelete