Wednesday, October 20, 2010

New class!

Man, am I sore today!  Yesterday I went to a new class (for me), "Step and Pump".  One hour of up-and-down on the step.  Choreographed moves that almost everyone in the class knew but me.  Oh, did I mention that I was once again the biggest one in there - by a long shot?  I don't have asthma, but after the first 10 minutes my lungs felt like they were burning.  Yes, for one moment I did entertain the "I can stop and rest" thought, but I plowed on.  Not perfectlly and I certainly didn't master many of the moves, but I kept moving and my heart rate was at about 160 for the whole class.  *whew*   I went to the yoga class that followed 5 minutes after this one and it was wonderful.  I love yoga :)   We stretched a lot of the muscles I used during the step class (like the hip flexor) but I'm still pretty sore today and yep, I gave out the war cry when trying to get off the toilet again!  My poor legs.  In the next year I will lose a significant amount of weight and it'll be much easier on my body (I'll even be able to jump around - look out stepper!).  Today I'm thankful for the strength and flexibility I do have.  My body is far from perfect, but it's serving me well and I actually feel a real connect with it.  No more hate talk! 

2 comments:

  1. Oh what great timing, to go right to the yoga from the step class. Sounds like you are enjoying it... I like how you said you are connecting with your body now, no more hate talk. Yay!!
    Loretta
    =^..^=

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its so great that you see the positive of your body! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete